Why couples should get a prenuptial check-up about six months before marriage
Marriage is an important stage in the life of a couple, for which they must make many preparations in order to build a healthy life together. There are many prerequisites for this. While many people understand the romantic, emotional and financial aspect of it, few people focus on the health aspect.
But Kanchan Naikawadi, preventive health care specialist at Indus Health Plus, says getting checkups before marriage is important. “Every couple tries to get to know their partner well – whether it’s habits, characteristics, likes, dislikes, etc. – and takes time to make a lifelong commitment. But it’s also important. to know their hereditary factors. Before making a vow to spend their whole life together, there should be a vow to take care of their health and take the necessary balance, “she said.
According to her, a good premarital testing program provides unbiased health evidence. For couples considering marriage, premarital screening “helps detect hidden / unrecognized diseases and risks to their offspring. It also helps them understand their inheritance and take essential precautions or treatments ”.
Naikawadi adds that couples are recommended to take stock about six months before the wedding.
Recommended tests for couples:
1. Sexually transmitted diseases: HIV, hepatitis B and C are lifelong conditions which, if not managed properly, can seriously affect married life. Tests should also be done for syphilis, gonorrhea, and herpes.
2. Hereditary diseases: Bloodborne diseases like hemophilia, thalassemia, Marfan syndrome, Huntington’s disease, and sickle cell anemia have a high chance of being passed to offspring, so they should be tested.
3. Fertility: This is important because fertility issues should be treated as early as possible, without the unnecessary biological, psychological, social and emotional trauma associated with it.
4. Blood group compatibility test: Many people may not find it necessary to have their blood test done, but it can help them learn more about the Rh factor. The couple’s Rh factor must be the same for a successful pregnancy. If it does not match, it may be dangerous for the child. Antibodies in the blood of pregnant women can destroy the baby’s blood cells.
5. Genetic screening: Taste preferences, nutritional needs, food intolerances, and fitness programs certainly matter to most couples. Genetic testing can not only help you understand genetic trends associated with health issues, but also provide insight into personalized nutrition and fitness.
?? For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!