Want to get rid of gas, constipation or acidity? Try Meru Vakrasana which will do wonders for you
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: There is hardly any disease that yoga cannot cure and there are many yoga poses dedicated to a number of health issues. Meru Vakrasana is one of the most effective asanas because it heals many problems related to digestion. The word ‘Vakra’ in Vakrasana means twisted. In this pose, the spine is curved or bent, which is why it is called Vakra Asana.
It is a very important asana among the asanas performed by bending the spine. Such asanas increase the flow of prana in the common air area around the navel. They nourish organs like the pancreas, kidneys, stomach, small intestine, liver and gallbladder and heal diseases related to them.
Benefits of Meru Vakrasana
As we mentioned above, this asana works wonders for acidity, gas, and constipation. Apart from this, Meru Vakrasana comes with a number of other benefits such as:
- It is very beneficial for diabetic patients. Activates the pancreas so that the right amount of insulin begins to be produced.
- The extra fat accumulated on the waist and abdomen gradually begins to decrease.
- Removes stiffness from the spine and makes it flexible.
- Relieves back pain.
- Keeps the body active.
Precautions to be taken while performing Meru Vakrasana
There are certain precautions that one should take while practicing Meru Vakrasana as it involves the spine and other important parts of the body that can have a sprain.
- If you have knee pain, do not practice this asana.
- People with severe back disease shouldn’t do this.
- If one is facing a problem of ulcers or such disease, one should also avoid doing this asana.
Watch the video here:
Posted by: Sanyukta Baijal