Parents of Buffalo Bills star Matt Araiza release furious statement defending their son

The parents of Buffalo Bills kicker Matt Araiza have released a fierce statement defending their son amid allegations he was involved in the gang rape of a 17-year-old girl last year.

The 22-year-old punter was released by the Super Bowl favorites Bills on Saturday, and his career is in tatters as he awaits more news on the civil lawsuit filed last Thursday.

Amid the backlash, Araiza’s parents have now issued their own statement to the media, revealing the death threats sent to their entire family and reiterating that their son should be ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

As reported by KUSI-TV, the statement reads: “The rule of law is innocent until proven guilty. This is not our experience. There was a war against our son.

“He was tried and sentenced in the media based on information published solely by the alleged victim and his lawyer, largely via social media. People took his information as factual, when it is not.

NFL player Matt Araiza was released by Buffalo Bills after being charged with gang rape

nowlin

Zavier Leonard is the third man charged with the gang rape, which allegedly took place at a party

The lawsuit, filed in San Diego County Superior Court, charges Araiza, Zavier Leonard (right) and Nowlin ‘Pa’a’ Ewaliko (left) with gang-raping a 17-year-old girl during a Halloween party in a house. where Araiza lived

The post goes on to explain the ‘vitriol’ Araiza has received since the allegations became public, and wonders why the former Bills star is the ‘only one getting this kind of treatment’, seeming to nod towards the other two also charged with gang rape.

“He was extorted, discriminated against, harassed and subjected to multiple and continuous threats of violence and death,” the statement continued. “He was fired and our whole family continues to receive horrific threats of violence and death. We were all cancelled. Every member of our family.

Their dogged defense of their son ends by speaking of ‘salacious rumors becoming facts’, before adding: ‘There are multiple witness reports to deny the allegations made against him’. The judicial system is designed to find facts and make decisions. They should be allowed to do that.

The lawsuit, filed in San Diego County Superior Court, charges Araiza, Zavier Leonard and Nowlin ‘Pa’a’ Ewaliko with gang-raping a 17-year-old girl at a Halloween party.

The complainant, now 18, is identified in the complaint as “Jane Doe” because she was a minor at the time.

There is a criminal investigation into the allegations, according to the Los Angeles Times, which first reported on the lawsuit. No arrests have been made and San Diego police have not publicly identified any suspects.

Araiza waves to fans after an NFL preseason football game against the Indianapolis Colts in Orchard Park, New York on August 13

Araiza waves to fans after an NFL preseason football game against the Indianapolis Colts in Orchard Park, New York on August 13

Araiza would not be subject to the NFL’s personal conduct policy regarding the alleged rape, as it took place in 2021, before he was a league player.

The lawsuit says the teenager had been drinking with friends when they decided to go to the party on October 17 and was “visibly drunk when she arrived”. She separated from her friends and was approached by Araiza who offered her a drink, according to the lawsuit.

She believes the drink “contains not only alcohol, but other intoxicants,” the complaint states.

She told Araiza, who was 21 at the time, that she was a high school student, according to the lawsuit. She alleges he then drove her to a side yard where he asked her to perform oral sex and then had sex with her before taking her to a bedroom in the house.

There were at least three other men in the room, including Leonard and Ewaliko, according to the complaint. The lawsuit states that Araiza threw the teenager on the bed and she passed out while being raped. He added, “but she remembers some moments from the horrific gang rape.”

Buffalo Bills punter Araiza told his 17-year-old rape accuser in a phone call monitored by police that she should be tested for chlamydia after an alleged attack lasting an hour and a half. half who left her

Buffalo Bills punter Araiza told his 17-year-old rape accuser in a phone call monitored by police that she should be tested for chlamydia after an alleged attack lasting an hour and a half. half which left her “bloody and in tears”. according to a court filing obtained by DailyMail.com

Bills GM Brandon Beane said Araiza was released because the situation is

Bills GM Brandon Beane says Araiza was released because the situation is ‘bigger than football’

After an hour and a half, the teenager “came out of the room bleeding and crying”, according to the complaint. Her nose, navel and ear piercings had been ripped out.

She immediately told her friends about the rape and the next day reported it to the police and underwent a rape examination, according to the lawsuit. Officers trained her to call Araiza, which she did 10 days later when detectives recorded it, according to the complaint.

During the call, Araiza admitted to having sex with her, the lawsuit says, but later when she asked him “And did we have actual sex?” he said, ‘It’s Matt Araiza. I don’t remember anything that happened that night” and hung up.

But before hanging up, Araiza told Doe to get tested for chlamydia.

Comments are closed.