Coastal Health District offers free STD testing in April
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – April is STD Awareness Month and the Coastal Health District is offering free, confidential screenings during the month.
About 1 in 5 people have an STD, and half of all new STD cases are young people between the ages of 15 and 24.
“We really want to raise awareness about STDs and make it easier for people to come in and get tested,” said Diane DeVore, Ed.S, public health educator and communicable disease specialist for the Coastal Health District. “Many STDs have no symptoms. The only way to find out is to get tested.
The following health services will be offering free STD screenings during the month of April:
- Bryan County Health Department (430 Ledford St., Pembroke and 66 Capt. Matthew Freeman Drive, Richmond Hill)
- Tuesday, April 12 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Appointment required. Call 912-653-4331 or 912-756-2611 to schedule.
- Camden County Health Department (905 Dilworth St., St. Marys and 1501 Georgia Ave., Woodbine)
- Tuesday April 12 and Thursday April 14 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- No appointment necessary
- Chatham County Health Department (1395 Eisenhower Drive)
- Monday to Thursday April 11 to 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday April 28 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Appointments and appointments accepted. Call 912-356-2441 to schedule
- Effingham County Health Department (802 route 119 south, Springfield)
- Tuesday, April 12 1-3 p.m.
- Appointments and appointments accepted. Call 912-754-6484 to schedule.
- Glynn County Health Department (2747 Fourth Street, Brunswick)
- Thursday April 14 8am-5pm
- Appointment required. Call 912-264-3961 to schedule
- Long County Health Department (584 N. Macon Street, Ludowici)
- Tuesday 12 April 8am-11.45am and 1pm-4pm
- Appointment required. Call 912-545-2107 to schedule
- McIntosh County Health Department (1335 GA Hwy 57, Townsend)
- Thursday April 14 8am-11am
- Appointment required. Call 912-832-5473 to schedule