Clallam County offers Monkeypox vaccine
Clallam County residents at high risk for MPV (Monkeypox) infection can now enroll in the JYNNEOS vaccine list using an online form at tinyurl.com/MPVClallam or by calling 360-417-2274 .
People interested in the vaccine but not currently eligible can also fill out the form and ask to be placed on a waiting list.
Clallam County Public Health’s JYNNEOS vaccine eligibility includes people who have had significant exposure to MPV, as well as gay, bisexual, and other men and transgender men who have had sex with men who meet one of the following criteria:
• Having had multiple or anonymous sexual partners in the past three months
• Attended a bathhouse, circuit party, or public sex venue in the past three months
• Have had syphilis or gonorrhea within the last year
• Have exchanged sex for drugs or money in the last three months
• Have been homeless or incarcerated in the last three months
• Have used methamphetamine in the previous three months
• Belong to a historically marginalized racial minority.
County health officials will offer the JYNNEOS vaccine during Wednesday immunization clinics at the Port Angeles office. A public health nurse will contact those currently eligible.
Get more information about the JYNNEOS vaccine at cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/interim-considerations/jynneos-vaccine.html.